Two adults, two juveniles indicted for string of arson fires in Pleasant View
A Whitley County Grand Jury has indicted two adults and two juveniles for arson in connection with a string of fires at vacant homes in the Pleasant View community this past April.
Whitley Jailer-elect Lawson getting on-the-job training, now work at detention center
It's still five months until Whitley County Jailer Elect Brian Lawson takes office, but he is already at the jail working.
Corbin Commission decides against laying off police officers; raises garbage rates
Four Corbin Police officers in danger of being laid off are keeping their jobs, for now.
• Prosecutor, judge bow out of Topix murder-for-hire case
A Corbin man will be getting a new prosecutor and a new judge in his criminal solicitation to commit murder case, and could be facing additional legal charges next month.
• Hart recovering well after collapsing during Laurel Lake Triathlon, family says
• Federal judge rules Williamsburg pet treat maker, owner must pay $155,000
• Bena Mae's Kitchen: Call your doctor immediately
Daily we are assaulted with TV commercials from pharmaceutical companies that say “If your medicine is causing a disturbing side-effect -- swelling of the tongue or throat, difficulty in breathing, dizzy spells, rash, or thoughts of suicide, CALL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!”
• Strunk-Berry to wed
• Smiths to celebrate 25th anniversary
• Bena Mae's Kitchen: Distant Memory